Extra care, comfort and friendship
Designed as an ‘extra care’ scheme in Palmers Green, North London, Skinners Court opened in November 2006.
The scheme provides a suitable environment for those who wish to remain independent for as long as possible but need help and support on a regular basis.
‘Extra care’ accommodation is different from ordinary sheltered housing schemes - additional facilities provide on-site care and support 24 hours a day.
48 one and two-bedroom residents' flats
- built to wheelchair standard
- each with bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom with level-entry shower
- full central heating
- community alarm link
Shared facilities include
- Communal lounge and residents’ bar
- Dining room
- Health & beauty treatment room
- Guestroom with en-suite facilities
- Shopping and laundry facilities
- Wheelchair store with electric charging facility
- Assisted bathroom
Becoming a resident
Skinners Court is an almshouse, and residents are beneficiaries of the Skinners’ Almshouse Charity which is governed by the Trustees of the Charity.
To become a resident you must meet specific eligibility criteria related to
- Age – residents are usually over 60
- Where you live – residents have lived in the London Borough of Enfield
- Physical or mental frailty – residents are eligible for Social Services help
- Personal finances – residents are not in a position to fund their care and accommodation from their own resources
If you would like to find out more about Skinners Court, including details about charges and any forthcoming vacancies please contact The Almshouse Team
Telephone 020 7213 0576 or 020 7213 0572
Email either Errol Harris email@example.com or Martin.Webber@skinners.org.uk